Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gaga gets Fishy again...or does she?

Lady Gaga recently dressed as a mermaid on Le Grand Journal performing her recent hit "The Edge of Glory." This sparked rumours that the video to accompany the song with be mermaid themed.  Video director Laurieann Gibson also hinted that the video would be fishy, so I've got my fingers crossed hoping that it will be awesome! We'll find out tonight when the video premeires on So You Think You Can Dance (not something I watch but probably will force myself to watch it for the video!)

This is of course not the first time Gaga's dabbled in mermaidery she dressed mermish in the Paparazzi video and also posed for Vanity Fair looking like Sea Nymph.


EDIT********

There was nothing fishy or mermaidenly about the video. It was not under the sea or anything.  There is a reason for this according to the New York Post:

Yesterday he ( Joseph Kahn ) Tweeted, "I did NOT direct Lady Gaga's 'Edge of Glory' video. Lady Gaga did -- I don't co-direct. One canvas, one paintbrush. Respect the art. Very simple rule with me."

This seemed to imply disagreements on the set, a theory that has been corroborated by Joseph's team, sources close to production and, well, watching the video.
One such insider, Chancler Haynes (Kahn's on-set editor), revealed on Twitter exactly what went down in a series of DM's with a fan ... who then released the conversation.
It seems that the mermaid motif GaGa debuted on "Le Grand Journal" was supposed to be the video's theme as well. "[Joseph Kahn] had sets built for a hospital scene, Brooklyn Bridge, and a big underwater mermaid scene. It all made sense. Concept was done," Chancler wrote.
But somewhere along the way there was, to hear Laurieann tell it, "an issue." One that, according to Chancler, stemmed straight from The Haus of GaGa. "GaGa changed her mind and told Joseph what to do. His hands were tied. The director just didn't have control over GaGa after she started making changes [and] Joseph's concept died."

Ok so was anything shot or filmed before the mind change? I mean other than the production stills. If so I really hope we get a peek!

2 comments:

  1. I watched the entire 5:20 minute video. Unfortunately, I didn't see no fins. Just 2 feet in a pair of boots. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was completely disapointed! There wasn't anything fishy about that video, and to top that off, where was the extremely awesome choreography I've come to expect!? Yeah, it was a definite bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails