Friday, March 4, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean inspired nail polish

OPI is always doing something neat for nails. This year alone they've had nail polishes inspired by Glee, and singers Katy Perry and Justin Bieber. Now they've chosen Pirates of the Caribbean for the new line! (Which I am super excited about because of the mermaids!!!)

Each shade has a cute name derived from the movie. Planks a Lot, Sparrow Me the Drama, Steady As She Rose, Skull and Glossbones, Mermaid's Tears, Stranger Tides and Silver Shatter (silver with a crackling two-tone effect.)
“OPI is thrilled to celebrate the latest film in this beloved series,” Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director, says in a press release.

“The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides lacquers were inspired by a world filled with mythical mermaids, gleaming treasure, and high-seas adventure. With shades ranging from sage and lavender to khaki gray and pastel pink, these colors are evocative of a warm, tropical setting, with a classic nautical influence.”

Also worth mentioning is the fact that these polishes will be DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde free, making them more eco-friendly.

My favorite color? Mermaid's Tears of course!

The collection ($8.50 each) will be available in May at Dillard's, JCPenney's, Regis and ULTA.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've only wore nail polish once in my life and that was at Halloween. Not too surprising since I'm a guy, but these POTC polishes may just inspire me to change my policy on this personal fashion choice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails