Monday, August 9, 2010

Ralph Cahoon mermaid exhibit

The Cape Cod Times has an article on a new exhibit, "Chasing the Mermaids," which will be at the Cahoon Museum of American Art in Cotuit until September 19th. (There's another article here.)

Ralph Cahoon instantly became my favorite artist the moment I laid my eyes on his painting Bon Appetit'. It was playful and so detailed. There is something very special about the simple whimsical scenes he and his wife created and I can't look at them and not smile. Even former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy admired Cahoons mermaids and purchased two paintings for the White House.

It is a dream of mine to own a Cahoon original.

Find out more about Ralph and Martha Cahoon here. And don't forget to visit the gift shop!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up..
     Bridesmaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails