Friday, February 5, 2010

Merman Sighting on Spongebob, sort of

We just got the Spongebob DVD set of the first 100 episodes. I love the undersea  nonsense.


According to the press release "SpongeBob SquarePants First 100 Episodes is the “must-have” DVD collection for the über SpongeBob fan. This collection includes every episode from Seasons 1 through 5 plus exclusive special features on 14 discs housed in a slipcase."

While watching the episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, I noticed a more than passing resemblance to the DC character Aquaman (well at least the way he used to look.) I'm sure this is no accident. Barnacle Boy also happens to look a heck of a lot like the old Aqualad.

In Spongebob, Mermaid Man has gotten old. He and Barnacle Boy now live in a retirement home and have to fight memory loss, incontinence, and boredom.

 Aquaman's look has changed over the years and I think he now has long hair and a harpoon/hook for a hand. Weird right? I remember as a kid watching Superfriends no one wanted to play Aquaman because his only apparent super power was talking to fish. He was stronger than a human, but not as strong as Superman, not to mention he had to get wet at least once every hour. How sad is that!? Still, he could kick your ass, and mine too!

For all of your Aquaman needs go here The Aquaman Shrine. They have everything about Aquaman you could ever want to know.

I'm Aquaman, and I'm doing the best that I can


Standing up for freedom, undersea.


I'm Aquaman, and I'm happy to lend a hand


Unless you happen to be on dry land. - Grandpa Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails